Trees are an important part of our communities, but sometimes they can cause problems when they grow too large or are planted in the wrong location.
If your neighbor’s tree is blocking sunlight or obstructing your view, you may be wondering what your options are.
In this guide, we’ll explore the steps you can take to address this issue.
Types of Problems Caused by Neighbor’s Tree
- Neighbor’s Tree Blocking sunlight: If your neighbor’s tree is blocking sunlight from reaching your property, it can be a major nuisance. This can be particularly frustrating if you have a garden or outdoor living area that depends on sunlight.
- Neighbor’s Tree Obstructing view: If your neighbor’s tree is obstructing your view, it can be a major inconvenience. This can be especially problematic if you have a scenic view from your home or if the tree is obstructing a street or traffic sign.
Steps to Take
- Talk to your neighbor: It’s a good idea to start by talking to your neighbor and letting them know about the issue. You may be able to come to a resolution that involves trimming the tree or planting a different tree in a different location.
- Check local ordinances: Some cities and towns have ordinances that regulate the size and placement of trees on private property. If your neighbor’s tree is violating these ordinances, you may be able to take action through the local government.
- Consult with an arborist: An arborist is a trained professional who can assess the condition and growth potential of a tree. An arborist can help you understand the options for trimming or removing the tree and may be able to provide evidence for a legal case.
- Consult with an attorney: If you’re unable to resolve the issue with your neighbor or through local ordinances, you may need to consider taking legal action. An attorney can help you understand your rights and options and assist you with the legal process.
If you’re dealing with a neighbor’s tree blocking sunlight or obstructing your view and need legal guidance, we recommend reaching out to us.
We can connect you with an experienced attorney in your area who can help you navigate the legal process and fight for the compensation you deserve.